VI Peel in Chattanooga
Joie De Vivre MedSpa of Chattanooga offers all the VI Peels to address all skin concerns, from acne and scarring to mature skin, uneven skin, sun damaged and wrinkles. VI Peel is the #1 Peel in the world, having more than 10 years of experience with millions of satisfied patients across the world. VI peels are high quality, medical grade peels that provide dramatic results with virtually no pain and minimal downtime. These peels contain greater concentrations of acids than the superficial peels and are therefore classified as medium depth peels.
The VI Peel can be used as anti-aging treatment to rejuvenate aging skin, improve elasticity, increase exfoliation, and enhance glow, as well as improve skin texture and hydration. The VI peel is an excellent choice for healthier, firmer, and more youthful skin. VI peels can also target hyperpigmentation and melasma, as well as a variety of acne symptoms and scarring, and work to improve cell turnover, kill acne-causing bacteria, and balance the skin to improve its overall strength.
VI Chemical Peel FAQ
A VI Peel is a quick chemical treatment designed to basically achieve faster and more effective results than traditional facials or traditional peels. Every person is different, and Joie De Vivre will find the best peel to suit your needs. All peels include a free pre peel consultation prior to your first peel and an at home post peel kit after your treatment.
Any person that wants to minimize the signs of fine lines and wrinkles, acne, rosacea, sun damage, melasma, acne scarring, pigmented skin and uneven skin tone. The VI peel can also help with saggy and creepy skin around the elbows, knees and abdominal area.
- Pregnant Women
- Having a history of sun allergies or recent sun exposure or damage
- Anyone with active facial warts or cold sores in the treatable area
- Current use of Antibiotics which may cause skin to be ultra-sensitive
- Recent radiation treatment for Cancer lesions in the face or affected area
- Accutane use within the last 6 months
- Prior adverse reaction to a chemical peel
The VI peels are formulated to be comfortable and not painful during application or after treatment. You may feel a light tingle on the initial application, but this will quickly resolve, making the experience comfortable and painless.
After the initial application, your skin may feel tight and look slightly red, but this subsides very quickly. Your skin will generally start to flake and peel within 2-3 days This generally lasts 2-4 days depending on how sensitive your skin is. Some patients do not peel at all, but they get great results regardless of the amount of peeling experienced. The at home treatment kit is meant to help with any discomfort and will help your skin feel good throughout the whole process.
Before getting a VI peel you must make sure they have properly prepared the skin for this procedure. These steps help ensure better results from the peel and help avoid any potential damage to the skin. Before your appointment refrain from:
- Having a chemical peel (14 days prior) – results will be unpredictable and may damage the skin
- Tanning in a booth or extensive sun exposure (2-3 weeks prior and post treatment)
- Having a wax or chemical depilatory treatment (7 days prior)
- Getting Botox or dermal fillers (7 days prior)
- Using Retin-A, Retinol, Differin, Tazorac and glycolic acid products (5-10 days prior)
After receiving the VI peel it is crucial that the following steps be followed. The skin at this point can be sensitive and can easily be irritated, damaged or hyper pigmented (scarring).
After an appointment refrain from:
- Directly placing face in hot water (2-3 days)
- Steam rooms, saunas and hot tubs (7 days)
- Participating in activities or exercise that cause heavy perspiration (5-7 days)
- Tanning booths and minimal to no sun exposure (use an SPF of at least 30+ with Zinc if outside)
- Picking or pulling any loose skin
- Do not use any scrubs or exfoliants
- Using Retin-A or any of the other products listed in pretreatment section above (10-14 days)
- Having any facial injections or fillers (7 days)
These peels can be used in conjunction with our other skincare treatments such as PRP and PRF facials and injections, neuromuscular modulators (Botox, Xeomin), HA fillers, PDO threads and microneedling working synergistically to bring about a superbly beautiful result.